Hudson Energy Development, LLC ("Hudson") is a New York-based energy development company recently founded by two of the most experienced and successful energy industry professionals now active in the region's distributed generation and renewable energy markets.
William Moore and Tim Daniels together have worked in various aspects of the electric power and energy industries for over 45 years, and have been involved in the development and financing of hundreds of megawatts of new clean power projects. This broad base of experience in project development, finance, and industry thought leadership gives Hudson the ability to help lead the transition of today's highly centralized, fossil-fuel-based electric grid to a more decentralized, low-carbon future.
Hudson is focused on developing new energy supply projects that seek to integrate some of the emerging technologies most critical to the radical transformation now underway in the electric power industry:
- Low-cost, utility-scale solar and wind energy systems;
- High-tech energy management, demand response and control systems that fall under the rubric of "smart grid" or "microgrid" technology; and,
- Advanced energy storage and distributed, dispatchable generation platforms.
The strategic integration of these technologies into the grid will be critical to meeting the central challenge facing the electric utility industry today: maintaining reliability and power quality while significantly increasing the penetration of intermittent renewable resources into our electricity supply mix.
- April 30, 2016 Solar electricity farms in South Carolina
- September 14, 2012 Maple Ridge Wind: From greenfield development to Chinese investment
- August 12, 2012 What kind of energy policy?
- October 13, 2011 Deepwater to build first U.S. offshore wind farm